Salary : £110 - £130 per day depending on Experience Location : London
Here at Cerco IT we specialise in recruiting, training and deploying people leaving the military and moving onto civilian life. We are passionate about supporting you as you transition into a new and exiting stage of your career in the fast-paced world of IT. We work with both experienced IT professionals and those wishing to join at entry level. If you are ready to jump into the rapidly booming IT sector Cerco could be the opportunity you are seeking.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT Company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer III based on their customer site in London. This is a Full-time, temporary role for 12 months, Monday to Friday, 9 – 17:30 to
**** Please DO NOT apply if you do not have SC clearance****
Job Description: Responsible for providing on-site desktop support for technical infrastructure for end users; advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software, hardware, networks and peripherals using available technology.
- Analyses system needs, troubleshoots problems.
- Provides user support, new hire system set ups and desktop/laptop software evaluations. Deployment of updates/roll-outs. 80% software support with some knowledge of desktop hardware, OS, servers, and data bases.
- Provide quick response and maximum uptime of users.
- Understands customer goals; identifies consequences of various solutions.
- Develops project installation and escalation plans.
- Train users according to technical, release and security standards.
- Good communication skills, able to articulate technical solutions using basic explanations.
- Should continuously utilize on site customer visits and contacts to identify and report new business opportunities (hardware and services) for the benefit of overall business growth.
Skills Level/ Requirements for role
- Must have SC clearance
- Strong background in customer relationship building as this is a VIP site
- Three skill sets
- Specialised knowledge in one area: financial packages/bespoke, server admin, networking, telephony, peripheral software.
- Able to orchestrate upgrade/ rollout project.
- Manages own overall activities.
- May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Mentor more junior engineers. May act as team lead or project leader
- Completes a wide variety of internal and customer facing tasks.
- Configure client OS.
- Customer project owners.
- Works on projecting the right image.
If you are interested in this position, or if you would like to take advantage of our FREE IT field service engineer training please apply with your CV and a covering letter.
We would love to hear from you!