Salary : £18300 - £20000 Location : Wigan, Manchester
Outline of Business/Company
TSOM are seeking to appoint an Instructor/Mentor for our outreach mentoring and in school development programs. Engaging with young people across the full spectrum of education we seek motivated veterans and reservists who believe in the values and standards of the armed forces and wish to pass them on and develop the future of our nation.
Working across the full spectrum of education Instructor/Mentors will deliver the TSOM development programme and the TSOM outreach mentoring package. Concentrating their delivery to achieve the desired outcomes agreed between TSOM and the education provider.
- Must be a veteran of HM Armed Forces who has completed their service honourably or a serving reservist in HM Armed Forces.
- To work independently to plan and deliver bespoke mentoring sessions using the resources and training provided.
- To complete daily reports for each mentoring session.
- To communicate effectively with the management.
- To attend training and supervision sessions as required.
- To effectively monitor and report progress of mentee’s during programs, identifying and highlighting appropriate outcomes to management and clients and striving to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills and conflict resolution ability to manage difficult young people.
- To be fully up to date with Safeguarding and all The School of Military policies.
- Understand, develop and deliver development programs for cohorts of young people.
Must be a veteran of HM Armed Forces who has completed their service honourably or a serving reservist in HM Armed Forces
- Effective verbal communication skills to include active listening and offering guidance.
- Effective time/diary management.
- Build and maintain appropriate relationships with all learners.
- Remain current and competent in all CPD.
- To uphold and display values and standards of The School of Military throughout.
- In depth understanding of both mentoring and developments frameworks.
- Previous involvement in the planning and delivery of outdoor physical activities is also desirable.
- You should understand levels of knowledge and skills appropriate at different ages.
- You will possess excellent communication, planning and presentational skills and be able to work under pressure while maintaining a positive professional attitude.
You should have a strong personal commitment to equal opportunities in practice which encompasses gender, race, religion, disability and sexual orientation.
Experience and Technical Skills / Professional Qualifications:
- All employees will be enhanced background checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Have access to own vehicle.
- Business insurance on the vehicle.
DBS Check Required: Yes